Saturday, October 11, 2008

Spider Turkey --this is not part of our assignment!


The Spider-Turkey that we made...
I just wanted to share this weeks "family homework" assignment with you. We had to decorate a turkey together to display in my son's gym for their Thanksgiving assembly. No Web 2.0 tools were used in the production of this turkey, though there are endless possibilites! We could create a group photo pool for our school families to post their turkeys. Perhaps students could write about the process of completing family homework on a blog. Maybe a podcast could be created interviewing the teacher who came up with this idea along with families who participated in this project.
Or, maybe paper, crayons, scissors and glue is enough for this project. . . ?
At any rate, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I love it!!! The spider turkey reminds me of something my son would create...and I love your ideas for changing up the assignment to make it more web 2.0 friendly!

Carol N. said...

Thanks Joanne! I must say, the boys did not get excited about this homework until we hit on the idea of a superhero!

Sheila said...

What a great spider turkey! My family is huge super hero fans. One year we had to do a similar assignment but with a snowman instead of a turkey.